Interested in adopting a Dane? Please note that we adopt to the states of MN, WI, ND, SD and IA. Fill out the application below and send in your application donation:
- A completed Application
- Your $25, non-refundable, application donation
- Adoption applications may be paid via PayPal (using our Donate page), or sent via US Mail to:
Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue
PO Box 21485
Eagan, MN 55121
Once we receive your Application AND Application Fee, we will schedule a home visit before approving your application and placing you on the waiting list for a dog. Please note the time it takes to approve your home is contingent on the availability of volunteers to conduct your home visit. Outlying areas and areas where our volunteer base is sparse (ND, SD, western IA) may take significantly longer to complete the process and the dogs available at the time of your application may not be the same as those available at the time of your approval.
UPPER MIDWEST GREAT DANE RESCUE
Please fill out this application fully. Your application can be denied without a reason given. We hope you will agree that the animal’s welfare be our prime concern.
In order to be considered for an adoption you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have the knowledge and consent of all adults in your home.
- Have landlord consent if applicable.
- Although we would prefer to adopt to families with children over 8, we will still accept applications from families with younger children. If you have children under 8 the application approval process will be more in-depth.
- Pay the non refundable $25 application fee
- Pass a criminal background check (we are looking for animal cruelty/neglect charges).
- Have two positive personal references
- Need to have a positive reference from current veterinarian.
- Not have intact dogs in your home.
- Home visit must be completed. All completed adoption applications, and home visit evaluations are confidential property of UMGDR. These completed forms are shown to volunteers on an as-needed basis. At no time, unless it is court ordered, does UMGDR share this information with another organization, inquiring individual, or the applicant.