In order to become to be a UMGDR volunteer you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18 contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but do not complete the volunteer application. We can provide you with additional information and a consent form for your parents/guardians to sign.
- Have verifiable identification (i.e. driver’s license).
- Pass a criminal background check (we are looking for animal creulity/neglect charges).
- Have two positive personal references.
- If you plan on fostering we will need to have landlord consent.
- If you plan on fostering we will need to have a positive reference from your current veterinarian.
- If you plan on fostering, a home visit must be completed.