About Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue
History of UMGDR:
Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue was started in December of 2008 by a group of Great Dane lovers who desire to help Great Danes in need. The rescue is made up of all volunteers who lovingly give of their time, efforts, and money to help Great Danes.
We serve the animal community by providing foster homes, medical treatment, and behavioral assessments to Great Danes in need of forever homes.
- Put Great Danes first.
- Ensure that every Great Dane in our care finds the perfect forever home.
- Make a difference in the animal community by providing exceptional care and service.
- Create a loving and healing environment where passionate people can work together for a great cause.
- Lead collaborative efforts that solve the animal communities overpopulation.
- Assist in educating the public about the Great Dane breed.
- Integrity. We match our actions with our words. We are honest and just in everything we do. We hold ourselves accountable to the animals we serve.
- Respect. We treat all people and animals with honor and dignity. We value all skills, talents, and dedications of all volunteers with whom we work. We are dedicated to working with one another to provide consistent, coordinated care to our Great Danes.
- Trust. We are committed to meet the expectations and act in the best interest of our Great Danes, volunteers, and the animal community. We are thoughtful and purposeful in all our actions. We strive to foster trust within in our organization and the public.
- Compassion. We are dedicated to creating a loving and healing environment supporting our Great Danes in need. We recognize and honor the needs of all Great Danes, and volunteers.
- Teamwork. We are focused on a team-based culture because it provides the best outcomes for the Great Danes we serve. We see problems as something to take responsibility to solve. We embrace diversity, seeking new ideas. As one team we work toward our goal. Honest feedback is expected from all volunteers and the public. We value contributions that each volunteer makes regardless of experience, education, seniority or title.
- Stewardship. We commit ourselves to using resources wisely and distributing them with the utmost care and consideration.
- Finances: We are dedicated to financial management that enables us to provide for the present and future needs of our Great Danes.Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue serves the Great Danes of Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and the Dakotas. If you have any questions regarding a Great Dane rescue, you can call our 24 hour hotline at: 763-210-1978 or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue is a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization. Our Employer Identification Number: 26-3844573. Effective date of exemption is December 18, 2008.